Types of Prescribed Lens
• Single Vision – used for either seeing at a distance range, computer range, or reading up close range. (Does Not contain an Add Power on the prescription) Commonly used for everyday use such as driving, watching TV, Golfing, Biking and classroom settings and more.
• Bifocals- used for seeing Far away distance and Up-close reading. (Contains an Add power number on the prescription.) Made with a line on the lens or moon at the bottom containing the reading power. Available in two widths FT28 (commonly used) and FT35 (wider reading moon area) For all day and everyday use.
• Trifocals- used for seeing three different area. Distance, Intermediate (computer) and Up-close reading (Contains an Add power number on the prescription.) Made with two lines on the lens; separating distance, intermediate and reading. Available in two widths 7X28 (commonly used) and 8X35 (wider intermediate and reading).
• Progressives- Also known as No-line bifocals. Used for seeing at distance, computer/dashboard and reading up close ranges. (Contains and Add power number on the prescription) Made without the lines. The prescription graduates from distance to up close range. For every day use such as work, home, and leisure time.
• Varilux – Brand Specific Progressive lens. No line bifocal with a natural wider viewing range. Most private doctors prescribed this brand of progressive. A great lens to upgrade to increase visual clarity ranges. Contains very little or no side distortion.
• Non-RX- Simply no prescription is being added to the frame. Includes Demo lens.
What Your Lens is Made up of……
Lens Index and Material Description
• Standard Plastic – Regular plastic lens 1.5 index. Great clarity. UVA and UVB protection. Includes Standard Crizal antiglare. Ideal for light prescriptions. (0.00-+/-2.00)
• Thinlite- polycarbonate plastic lens 1.60 index. Lighter lens than plastic. Durable and shatter resistance. Some scratch resistance but not scratch proof. Great for kids. UVA and UVB protection. Includes Standard Crizal antiglare. Ideal for more mild prescriptions. (+/-2.25- 5.00)
• Hi-Index 1.67- thinner plastic lens. Good material to thin out lens prescriptions. UVA and UVB protection. Includes Standard Crizal antiglare. REDUCES the weight of heavy lens. Ideal for high/heavy prescriptions. (+/-5.00 or higher)
*prescriptions over +/-8.00 uses 1.74 index which is thinner for higher powered prescriptions.
• Trivex/HD lenses- Trivex is a combination of sharp clarity of plastic lens and durability of polycarbonate. Provides the sharpest vision and the most impact resistant lens. Clearest lens material. Great for sports and recreational activities. Great on computers and night time use. Includes Standard Crizal antiglare lenses. Ideal for basic and mild prescriptions (+/-0.00-4.00)
Color Your Lens…….
• Polarized Lens- Generally used on Sunglasses for driving and for outdoor use. Filters out sun glare and reflections. off water, cement, and car hoods. Great for driving and outdoor sports. UVA and UVB protection. Cuts out extreme HEV blue light. Best lens for sun protection and cataract patient. Available in Gray, Brown and G15 gray (green gray)
• Mirror Coating- great for adding style and flavor to your sunglass lens. Mirror coating reflects the images that you look at in the lens. Prevents others from seeing your eyes and presents a mirror effect on the lens.
• Tint- Used to make lenses sunglasses and sometimes regular glasses to give lens a lite shade. Can be used to do solid (the whole lens) or gradient (dark at the top and light at the bottom). Has UVA and UVB protection added. Standard plastic lens is the best for tinting lens dark.
Treat Your Lens….
• Crizal Sapphire Noglare- New Crizal Sapphire® 360º UV lenses reduce reflections from all directions for less distracting glare, better aesthetics, enhanced UV protection, and safer nighttime driving. Best in transparency.
• Crizal Prevencia Antiglare- Between sunlight, indoor lighting, and most digital screens, blue-violet light surrounds you every day. Help stay protected with lenses that block out Harmful Blue Light while still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through.
• Transition Lenses- Changes from light to dark as you go outdoors. Activated by Sun UV Rays. Has UVA and UVB protection. Various types of transition
• Signature Transition- tints dark as you are outdoors. Clear in the inside.
• XtraActive Transition- tint dark outdoors and behind the windshield of the while driving car. Slight tint indoors.
• Vantage Transitions- tints dark outdoors and polarizes (filter glare). Clear in the inside and in the car.
• TD2 Scratch Coat- additional layer of protection to reduce scratches to the lens.